Sagence is hiring an experienced, a hands-on Python Developer to help us build and enhance our client’s data capabilities and create a competitive advantage. This position requires experience working with the basic concepts of object oriented programing and data structures as well as an eagerness to remain hands-on from a project’s start to finish. Listed below is an overview of the position requirements as well as the characteristics of our successful professionals.
*Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis. Sagence does not provide sponsorship for work visas upon hire or once on board.*
Skills & Experience Required for a Sagence Python Developer
MUST BE HANDS ON. All candidates should be technologically capable of performing development work, have the ability to install & configure tools and platforms, the desire to rapidly build up knowledge on new tools, and possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Experience working with the basic concepts of object oriented programing and data structures
- Familiarity with code review, software testing, and Git
- Familiarity with multiple database platforms such as Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server
- Familiarity with business intelligence dashboard development
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to define business requirements
- Knowledge of continuous deployment/integration processes
- Knowledge of at least one GUI framework and one web framework
- Knowledge of machine learning libraries (ex. TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Scikit-learn)
- Experience with AWS or Azure components for event-driven, server-less computing a plus
- Prior professional experience in an IT management, management consulting, or client facing role is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in engaging, communicating, and presenting to stakeholders across both business and technology functions
Tools & Technology Required for a Sagence Python Developer
Python Developer candidates must be proficient in leveraging the tools and technology that drive value for our clients. Illustrative tools include:
- Development Environments – e.g., Sublime, Atom, PyCharm, Jupyter Notebooks, Anaconda
- Data Manipulation/Analysis/Visualization Tools – e.g., Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly
- Web frameworks – e.g. Flask, Django, web2py
- GUI frameworks – e.g. Kivy, PyQT, Tkinter, wxPython
- CI Tools – e.g. Jenkins, Travis CI, TeamCity, GitLab
- NLP tools – e.g. Gensim, NLTK, SpaCy
General Requirements Required for a Python Developer
*Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis. Sagence does not provide sponsorship for work visas.*
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis. Sagence does not provide sponsorship for work visas.
- 1-2+ years of professional experience working in a related role
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree with a concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Must be collaborative, innovative, curious, and resourceful, and exhibit a positive attitude
- Strong desire to work on interesting projects with smart and creative people
- Willingness to travel to client sites as needed
- Chicago or New York area candidates preferred, but will consider candidates in other parts of U.S.
The Sagence Culture
Passionate, diverse, creative, genuine, flexible, hands-on…these are just a few of the words that describe our culture. Our Founders and Partners are deeply involved in the client work on a daily basis. We have a high-energy workplace with a focus on producing high-quality, impactful results. We are committed to equality of opportunity, fairness, work and lifestyle balance, and mutual respect. We promote an entrepreneurial spirit by encouraging individual initiative and foster a collaborative culture and work environment, which includes open communication and on-going learning. We build teamwork through small, dedicated teams who continuously teach each other and learn from one another. We firmly believe these characteristics enable our employees to develop to their fullest potential. To learn more, please visit us at www.sagenceconsulting.com.
Sagence is a management advisory firm dedicated to helping our clients optimize the value of their data assets. From thinking to doing, Sagence works with leading institutions in the acquisition, evaluation, development, and management of their critical data assets and in the application of analytics to discover new insights, shorten time-to-value, and drive competitive advantage. Visit our Leadership page to get to know some of our people.
A Week in the Life of a Sagence Consultant
Learn more about working with Sagence by visiting the Week in the Life section of our website.
Just Looking into Computer Science Degrees?
Sagence understands some career seekers are undecided undergraduates or just beginning to look at Master’s programs. Niche, a website to help narrow university search results, can be a helpful resource.
Visit Glassdoor to learn more about what a career with Sagence could look like as a Data Analyst. Click here.