Sagence is actively seeking Data Modelers who are looking for hands-on experience working with Fortune 500 companies across various industries. As a Data Modeler at Sagence, you will help us build and enhance our clients’ data capabilities and create a competitive advantage. Below you will find an overview of the position requirements and the characteristics of our successful Data Modeler professionals.
Skills & Experience Required for a Sagence Data Modeler
Along with the requirements above, Data Modeler candidates must have the following experience:
MUST BE HANDS ON. All candidates should be technologically proficient in performing development work, have the ability to install & configure tools and platforms, the desire to rapidly build up knowledge on new tools, and possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of modeling techniques for conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Advanced knowledge of modeling normalized data structures and manipulating data
- Familiarity with multiple database and data goverance platforms such as Collibra, Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server
- Understanding of the different data storage/access models (transactional, data staging, operational data store, data warehouse, data mart, data federation) and the ability to choose the model(s) appropriate for the client.
- Ability to work with data modeling and repository toolsets (including Collibra, ERwin and other metadata management toolsets) to create work products
- Understanding of the characteristics of various data types (structured versus unstructured)
- Knowledge of data format standards, including industry standards (e.g. XMI for interchange of XML)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to define business requirements
- Ability to mentor and perform knowledge transfer to support team
- Prior professional experience in an IT management, management consulting, or client facing role is preferred
- Knowledge of the Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare or Retail industries is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in engaging, communicating, and presenting to stakeholders across both business and technology functions
Tools & Technology Required for a Sagence Data Modeler
Data Modeler candidates must be proficient in leveraging the tools and technology that drive value for our clients. Illustrative tools include:
- Data Modeling tools – e.g., Toad, ERWin, ER/Studio, PowerDesigner, IBM Data Architect, or similar
- Database Management Tools:
- Relational – e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL or similar
- NoSQL – e.g. MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Couchbase or similar
- Cloud-based – e.g. AWS (Redshift or DynamoDB), Azure (SQL Server or Cosmos DB) or similar
General Requirements Required for a Sagence Data Modeler
*Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis. Sagence does not provide sponsorship for work visas.*
- 3+ years of professional experience working in a related role
- Must be collaborative, innovative, curious, and resourceful, and exhibit a positive attitude
- Have a strong desire to work on exciting projects along side smart and creative people
- A willingness to travel to client sites as needed
- Preference to reside in the Chicago or New York metropolitan areas, but will consider candidates in other cities
The Sagence Culture
Passionate, diverse, creative, genuine, flexible, hands-on…these are just a few of the words that describe our culture. Our Founders and Partners are deeply involved in the client work on a daily basis. We have a high-energy workplace with a focus on producing high-quality, impactful results. We are committed to equality of opportunity, fairness, work and lifestyle balance, and mutual respect. We promote an entrepreneurial spirit by encouraging individual initiative and foster a collaborative culture and work environment, which includes open communication and on-going learning. We build teamwork through small, dedicated teams who continuously teach each other and learn from one another. We firmly believe these characteristics enable our employees to develop to their fullest potential. To learn more, please visit us at www.sagenceconsulting.com.
Sagence is a management advisory firm dedicated to helping our clients optimize the value of their data assets. From thinking to doing, Sagence works with leading institutions in the acquisition, evaluation, development, and management of their critical data assets and in the application of analytics to discover new insights, shorten time-to-value, and drive competitive advantage. Visit our Leadership page to get to know some of our people.
A Week in the Life of a Sagence Consultant
Learn more about working with Sagence by visiting the Week in the Life section of our website.
Just Looking into Computer Science Degrees?
Sagence understands some career seekers are undecided undergraduates or just beginning to look at Master’s programs. Niche, a website to help narrow university search results, can be a helpful resource.
Visit Glassdoor to learn more about what a career with Sagence could look like as a Data Modeler. Click here.