Data Engineer Job Overview
Sagence is actively seeking client facing Data Engineers who have hands on experience working with Fortune 500 companies in the financial services, health care, insurance, and retail industries. As a Data Engineer at Sagence, you will help us build and sustain our client’s data capabilities and our competitive advantage. Below you will find an overview of the position requirements and the characteristics of our successful Data Engineer professionals.
Skills & Experience Required for a Sagence Data Engineer
Candidates must possess deep, practical experience in one or more of the following Data competencies; data warehousing, data lakes, reference data or master data management, data architecture, data modeling, data governance, data analysis, business intelligence.
Along with the requirements above, Data Engineer candidates must have the following experience:
MUST BE HANDS ON. Candidates should have system development experience and proficiency with system development methodologies and possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Must have significant hands-on experience with various IT concepts of data management/engineering (ETL, data modeling, data warehousing, etc.)
- Must have significant hands-on experience with SQL, data profiling, and data discovery
- Experience building business intelligence, analytics, or reporting solutions – either front-end consumption tools (e.g., Microsoft, Tableau & Qlik) or supply of data for these purposes
- Familiarity with data architecture principles/approaches, data environment infrastructure considerations, and data modeling principles/approaches
- Ability to drive out technical requirements with business and IT stakeholders for implementations of data solutions
- Hands-on experience with Agile delivery methodology
- Prior professional experience in an IT management, management consulting, or client facing role is preferred
- Knowledge of the Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare or Retail industries is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in engaging, communicating, and presenting to stakeholders across both business and technology functions
Tools & Technology Required for a Sagence Data Engineer
Sagence Data Engineers are proficient at leveraging tools and technology that drive value for our clients. Illustrative tools include
- Database Management Tools:
- Relational – e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or similar
- NoSQL – e.g. MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, or similar
- Cloud-based – e.g. AWS (Redshift or DynamoDB, Azure (SQL Server or Cosmos DB), or similar
- ETL Tools – e.g. Informatica, Talend, Microsoft SSIS, or similar
- Data Modeling tools – e.g. TOAD, ERWin, ER/Studio, IBM Data Architect, PowerDesigner, or similar
- Industry Leading BI tools – e.g. Microsoft, Tableau, Qlik, Sisense, Locker, or similar
General Skills and Requirements Required for a Sagence Data Engineer
*Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis. Sagence does not provide sponsorship for work visas upon hire or once on board.*
- 3+ years of professional experience working in a related role
- Must be collaborative, innovative, curious, and resourceful, and exhibit a positive attitude
- Strong desire to work on interesting projects with smart and creative people
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of the week (M-TH)
- Chicago or New York area candidates preferred, but will consider candidates in other parts of U.S.
The Sagence Culture
Passionate, diverse, creative, genuine, flexible, hands-on…these are just a few of the words that describe our culture. Our Partners are deeply involved in the client work on a daily basis. We have a high-energy workplace with a focus on producing high-quality, impactful results. We are committed to equality of opportunity, fairness, work and lifestyle balance, and mutual respect. We promote an entrepreneurial spirit by encouraging individual initiative and foster a collaborative culture and work environment, which includes open communication and on-going learning. We build teamwork through small, dedicated teams who continuously teach each other and learn from one another. We believe these characteristics enable our employees to develop to their fullest potential. To learn more, please visit us at www.sagenceconsulting.com.
Sagence is a management advisory firm dedicated to helping our clients optimize the value of their data assets. From thinking to doing, Sagence works with leading institutions in the acquisition, evaluation, development, and management of their critical data assets and in the application of analytics to discover new insights, shorten time-to-value, and drive competitive advantage. Visit our Leadership page to get to know some of our people.
A Week in the Life of a Sagence Consultant
Learn more about working with Sagence by visiting the Week in the Life section of our website.
Visit the Knowledge Section of our Website
Sagence has a wide collection of case studies and blogs on our website. Enjoy!