Sagence is actively seeking Data Architects who are looking for hands-on experience working with Fortune 500 companies across various industries. As a Data Architect at Sagence, you will help us build and enhance our clients’ data capabilities and create a competitive advantage. Below you will find an overview of the position requirements and the characteristics of our successful Data Architect professionals. Most importantly, this position requires active participation in the design and build out of enterprise databases as well as an eagerness to remain hands-on from a project’s start to finish.
Skills & Experience Required for a Sagence Data Architect
Along with the requirements above, Data Architect candidates must have the following experience:
MUST BE HANDS ON. All candidates should be technologically proficient in performing development work, have the ability to install & configure tools and platforms, the desire to rapidly build up knowledge on new tools, and possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Expertise in data solution architectures; tools and techniques used for data management
- Ability to identify and adopt enterprise data architecture patterns, concepts, approaches, and solutions in support of business needs
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing, database design principles, and data administration standards
- Advanced knowledge of multiple database platforms and design and support tools, including in-depth hands-on experience with at least one database platform
- Advanced knowledge of database deployment options and infrastructure tuning
- Experience developing logical and physical data models for complex projects using both relational and other modeling techniques and approaches
- Experience administering and tuning moderately complex databases
- Experience with business intelligence, reporting, and dashboarding tools and approaches
- Solid understanding of governance frameworks developed to resolve data ownership, sharing, and access rights within a federated environment
- Experience developing Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) specifications and mappings to support data conversion and integration
- Experience in establishing methods and procedures for tracking data sources, data lineage, data quality, completeness, redundancy vs. replication, data dictionary, data models, metadata, and master data
- Experience with metadata management approaches and tools
- Awareness of emerging data technologies with an understanding of how to adopt and apply new patterns
- Prior professional experience in a management consulting environment or client facing role strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience working within at least one of the following industries is preferred: Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, Technology
- Demonstrated ability in engaging, communicating, and presenting to stakeholders across both business and technology functions
Tools & Technology Required for a Sagence Data Architect
Data Architect candidates must be proficient in leveraging the tools and technology that drive value for our clients. Illustrative tools include:
- ETL tools – e.g. Informatica, Talend, Microsoft SSIS, or similar
- Database Management Tools:
- Relational – e.g., Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or similar
- NoSQL – e.g. MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, or similar
- Cloud-based- e.g., AWS (Redhsift or DyamoDB), Azure (SQL Server or Cosmos DB), or similar
- Data modeling tools – e.g., Toad, ERWin, ER/Studio, PowerDesigner, IBM Data Architect, or similar
- BI and Visualization tools – e.g., Microsoft, Tableau, Qlik, Sisense, Looker, or similar
General Requirements Required for a Sagence Data Architect
*Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis. Sagence does not provide sponsorship for work visas.*
- 5+ years of professional experience working in a related role
- Must be collaborative, innovative, curious, and resourceful, and exhibit a positive attitude
- Have a strong desire to work on exciting projects along side smart and creative people
- A willingness to travel to client sites as needed
- Preference to reside in the Chicago or New York metropolitan areas, but will consider candidates in other cities
The Sagence Culture
Passionate, diverse, creative, genuine, flexible, hands-on…these are just a few of the words that describe our culture. Our Founders and Partners are deeply involved in the client work on a daily basis. We have a high-energy workplace with a focus on producing high-quality, impactful results. We are committed to equality of opportunity, fairness, work and lifestyle balance, and mutual respect. We promote an entrepreneurial spirit by encouraging individual initiative and foster a collaborative culture and work environment, which includes open communication and on-going learning. We build teamwork through small, dedicated teams who continuously teach each other and learn from one another. We firmly believe these characteristics enable our employees to develop to their fullest potential. To learn more, please visit us at www.sagenceconsulting.com.
Sagence is a management advisory firm dedicated to helping our clients optimize the value of their data assets. From thinking to doing, Sagence works with leading institutions in the acquisition, evaluation, development, and management of their critical data assets and in the application of analytics to discover new insights, shorten time-to-value, and drive competitive advantage. Visit our Leadership page to get to know some of our people.
A Week in the Life of a Sagence Consultant
Learn more about working with Sagence by visiting the Week in the Life section of our website.
Just Looking into Computer Science Degrees?
Sagence understands some career seekers are undecided undergraduates or just beginning to look at Master’s programs. Niche, a website to help narrow university search results, can be a helpful resource.
Visit Glassdoor to learn more about what a career with Sagence could look like as a Data Architect – Solution Architect. Click here.