Cloud Infrastructure and Security Specialist
Cloud Infrastructure and Security Specialist
Cloud Infrastructure and Security Specialist Job Overview
Sagence is seeking a hands-on Cloud Infrastructure and Security Specialist to manage the provisioning, configuration, security, and networking for the firm’s BI-as-a-Service (BIaaS) clients in cloud environments, as well as drive safeguards for the firm’s internal assets.
Skills & Experience Required for a Sagence Cloud Infrastructure and Security Specialist
The Cloud Infrastructure and Security Specialist MUST BE HANDS ON and possess the following knowledge and experience:
- Provisioning and configuration for Sagence’s BI-as-a-Service clients in cloud environments (AWS and Azure):
- Provisioning of cloud accounts: setting up each account; configuring IAM and roles; provisioning and configuring components; configuring monitoring, reporting, and usage billing
- Architecture and standards for our general approach for above: defining deployment and configuration patterns; recommending preferred components, DevOps tools, etc.
- Automation of deployment: script / automate configuration deployment using native or third-party DevOps tools
- Establish monitoring for uptime and performance as well as reporting on data operations
- Manage licensing for third-party software components used as part of implementations, including client-owned assets
- Manage security and networking for BI-as-a-Service clients:
- Own and implement approach for authentication and authorization of end client users
- Own and implement approach for establishing secure connectivity between client network and cloud BIaaS implementation
- Structure and implement approach for managing shared credentials
- Identify, install, and manage appropriate security tooling across infrastructure – native to cloud providers and/or additional layered tools
- Drive internal Sagence security safeguards, particularly with respect to client work:
- Ensure Sagence internal assets – endpoint security, email, doc stores – comply with client safeguards
- Identify and manage deployment for necessary Sagence security tooling (e.g., VPN, DLP)
- Document and report on security standards for compliance purposes (e.g., client questionnaires)
Tools & Technology Required for a Sagence Cloud Infrastructure and Security Specialist
Cloud Infrastructure and Security Specialist candidates must be proficient in leveraging the tools and technology that drive value for our clients. Examples include the following:
- Experience managing configuration of cloud infrastructure in AWS and Azure
- Experience with DevOps automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation
- Networking experience with VPNs, VPCs
- Experience managing authentication and authorization protocols with AWS IAM, Okta
General Requirements Required for a Sagence Cloud Infrastructure and Security Specialist
*Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis. Sagence does not provide sponsorship for work visas.*
- Prior professional experience in a related role (CloudOps, DevOps, SecOps) is required
- Must have demonstrated ability in engaging, communicating, and presenting to stakeholders across both business and technology functions
- Must be collaborative, innovative, curious, and resourceful, and exhibit a positive attitude
- Strong desire to work on interesting projects with smart and creative people
- Chicago area candidates preferred, but will consider candidates in other parts of the U.S.
The Sagence Culture
Passionate, diverse, creative, genuine, flexible, hands-on…these are just a few of the words that describe our culture. Our Founders and Partners are deeply involved in the client work on a daily basis. We have a high-energy workplace with a focus on producing high-quality, impactful results. We are committed to equality of opportunity, fairness, work and lifestyle balance, and mutual respect. We promote an entrepreneurial spirit by encouraging individual initiative and foster a collaborative culture and work environment, which includes open communication and on-going learning. We build teamwork through small, dedicated teams who continuously teach each other and learn from one another. We firmly believe these characteristics enable our employees to develop to their fullest potential. To learn more, please visit us at www.sagenceconsulting.com.
Sagence is a management advisory firm dedicated to helping our clients optimize the value of their data assets. From thinking to doing, Sagence works with leading institutions in the acquisition, evaluation, development, and management of their critical data assets and in the application of analytics to discover new insights, shorten time-to-value, and drive competitive advantage. Visit our Leadership page to get to know some of our people.
A Week in the Life of a Sagence Consultant
Learn more about working with Sagence by visiting the Week in the Life section of our website.
Just Looking into Computer Science Degrees?
Sagence understands some career seekers are undecided undergraduates or just beginning to look at Master’s programs. Niche, a website to help narrow university search results, can be a helpful resource.
Visit Glassdoor to learn more about what a career with Sagence could look like as a Cloud Infrastructure and Security Specialist here.